LAURENCE VAN DEUSEN
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
5633 Truscott Ter., Lake View, NY 14085
716-926-8341 - email@example.com
Sales / Sales Manager / Product Manager
HD Supply - Field Sales Rep. - 4-2011 to present
- Sales Management
- Domestic and International Product Development and Launch
- Pricing and Discount Rates
- Market Strategy Implementation
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Customer Service Supervision
- Conflict Resolution
- Sales Training - Domestic and International
- Sales Forecasting
- Distributor Relations
- Public Speaking
Hospitality Supplies and MRO sales to hotels and the hospitality industry.
Contract Land Agent - Self Employed - 8-2010 to 2-2011
Landman presenting Oil & Gas Leases to property owners in Southern NY
Aspire Technology Solutions 5-2009 to 8-2010
Full Service IT Consulting Firm
New Business Development / Sales / Marketing - Buffalo, NY
Dynabrade, Inc., Clarence, NY - 1999 to 2009
- Responsible for developing new markets and supporting current customer base
$60 million abrasive tool design, manufacturer and sales company.
Stationary Equipment Sales Manager (2006 to 2009)
Cooper Power Tools, Airetool Division, Springfield, OH - 1983 to 1999 *
Work with Engineering to focus product design of portable grinding machines, dust collection systems and roll finishing machines for the industrial market.
Accessories Sales Manager (2003 to 2006)
- Increase sales of this equipment 20 - 40% per year over the past 3 years.
- Helped develop innovative portable dust collection systems for volatile metal dust.
- Worked sales region that saw 40% increases over 3 year period
- Received Outstanding Sales Growth Award - Fiscal 06-07
Developed small sales force to increase company's market share in pneumatic accessories as well as larger equipment products (stationary machines).
Regional Sales Manager (1999 to 2003)
- Increased sales in these products by 25 - 40% per year over 3 years.
- Collaborated with engineering and purchasing to increase the accessories products available.
- Managed sales region that saw 20 - 40% sales increases over 3 years
Managed a regional sales force of between 8 and 13 salesmen. Developed relationships with their distributors and assisted them in increasing sales.
- Assisted in capturing major accounts with salesmen, working with distributors to maintain these accounts.
- Teamed with sales management to develop strategies to gain market share.
- Developed reporting structure with other sales managers for assessment of sales performance.
$20 million division of $200 million corporation that designed and manufactured tools and equipment for the heat transfer industry.
Market Development Manager - 1993 to 1999
J. S. Zahm Co., Buffalo, NY 1979 to 1983
Developed marketing strategies and worked with sales management, both domestic and international, to implement them for a sales force that sold a wider product line. Supervised Customer Service Department.
Product Development Manager - 1988 to 1993
- Developed company presence on the Internet, including online ordering.
- Developed catalog and new product literature for the market.
- 8% Sales increase for 5 years due to increased exposure to international markets and market focus.
Worked with Engineering to develop new products, as well as to improve existing products. Developed and conducted product training courses for both sales force and customers.
Territory Sales Representative - 1983 to 1988
- Conducted 4-8 weeklong training courses, covering the entire product line, including tool selection and proper usage.
- Developed automated tube rolling process working with contract engineering that had a 90% profit margin.
- Developed a system to track product warranty issues and identify recurring problems to implement solutions.
Sold multiple corporate product lines in Upstate New York.
* Note original company, Dresser Industrial Tool, purchased by Cooper in 1996
- Developed territory sales increases of 10% + over 5 year period.
- Developed relationships with large corporate accounts to dominate their tool purchases.
Pneumatic Tool Distributor covering Western New York State
- Developed new accounts in a changing market.
- Responsible for developing tool repair business as well as new tool sales.
- Trained in tool repair as a requirement for outside sales.
Ithaca College - B.A. Sociology